Sunday, September 16, 2012

Leaping back in time Lierpert Fork Tn





I love biking on the Natchez Trace, as it is a beautiful parkway with little traffic.    So when I knew Kelsey (our 22 year old) had a x-c meet for Lady Vols out at Edwin Warner park I thought "Natchez is right down the road"   My good fit bud Sharon Spezia has a daughter in Mt Juliet and my sis lives in Nashville.  So on Friday morning after realizing Sharon had a flat we met at the Lovelace Cafe (must see) and next door the TRACE bike shop and in no time we were all ready to go.     We parked at the end and went about 10 miles to the unbelievable bridge that is an architectural wonder! and kept on going.  Despite the sky looking ominous Sharon said lets keep going.    About 14 miles into it we saw sign for Leiperts Fork.  I mentioned to sharon "my sister says it is a neat little community with lots of arts, music etc"   Sharon being the eternal optimist said lets go!  

Luckily it was just little off mile off the parkway and even tho little 2 lane country road we saw bike markers.     While I almost thought to turn around I said one more hill and there is was.  A sweet little old timey community that had antique shops, art galleries, a Bed and Breakfast and eateries that made our mouths water     ShOOT we only had 2 dollars between us  SO we know we want to go back.
We ended up going a little bit futhrer and did a nice 39 mile ride. (PS)
Lovelace is a must eat spot if you go to the very end of the Natchez Trace that's where you'll find it

And best of all I made it to cross country meet and Kelsey did great 2nd lady vol finishing and was in top 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment